Thursday, June 27, 2013

Even Though I Live Alone, I'm Going to Make this House My Home

Two posts in two days after not having two posts to rub together for months. But good reason.

Today I entered into the sacred realm of fulfilling the American Dream of saddling myself with years of debt and responsibilities for maintenance, repairs and lawn care.

Today I became the next generation caretaker of a piece of the land homesteaded by my great-grandparents and the house built by my grandfather and where he and my grandmother raised my father and his three siblings. And did this by signing the transfer of deed with my father and uncles in the building that used to be the church my grandmother attended.

Today I bought a house and don't have to pack a single box of my own things.

Today I can officially call the house I have been living in for four years my home.


No comments: