Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas from half a world away!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night –

 

Especially as it is still just after midnight where most of you are at this moment.

 

Here in Vietnam, we’ve baked cinnamon rolls and Christmas cookies and Hawaiian bread and eaten as much as we could, accompanied by crisp apples and juicy sweet mandarin from the market while huddled around the warm glow of our livingroom space heater.

 

We’ve opened the presents under our tiny tree perfumed by the two dozen roses a secret staff member gave me as a secret Santa gift.

 

We’ve listened to the Christmas music on our few CDs and while I drank warm peach tea to warm ourselves when the space heater and the long underwear weren’t enough.

 

And now it’s time to send my Christmas greetings to all of you who have yet to celebrate the day. Ours has been a blessed one – may yours also be so!

 

Finally, I’ve had some time to update my blog – so please, check out www.maderica.blogspot.com to see pictures and read stories from my last two weeks of exciting changes. There’re about 5 new posts, so just keep clicking the list of titles on the lower right-hand column. I’ve had much to say, but very little time to say it – now, finally there’s something to read.

 

I promise there is much more to tell, and I will try to find time this coming weekend before the New Year to update things yet again.

 

May the blessings of Christmas be upon you and yours during the holiday season!

 

Love always,

 

Erica

 

No comments: