Sunday, October 03, 2010

Best of Seven

It's been a while since I've been on here, but it's been a fairly intense few weeks. So, I'll take seven quick glances over things as they have been.

1. Brakes are a really good thing to have on a car. They're even better to have on a car before you being a 700 mile, three city, two training road trip. Unfortunately I didn't have brakes in time for said trip, so my parents were kind enough to loan me Sir Locks-a-Lot to see me safely across the state. It is always strange to return to driving automatic transmission after having only a clutch vehicle for so long.

2. Large Event #1 is successfully marked off the calendar. I played a relatively minor role in the overall scheme of things, but it is nice to have had it come off so well nonetheless. I am always relieved when something large is over and has been a success, but also a little disappointed that so much effort culminates so quickly and then is gone. Now time to dive into preparing for upcoming Large Event #2 and Really Obnoxiously Big Large Event #3.

3. I made my live television debut last week. All two minutes of it. Whee.

4. Cranberry Fest was this weekend. Unfortunately the date coincided with a planned trip to Madison, but I still managed to lead one cranberry marsh and winery tour on Friday. This year the harvest was in full swing, so all the amazing cranberry factoids I learned for last year were far less useful this time around. In fact, I barely needed to speak at all. But the tourists were happy and bought a lot of stuff. Seems the cranberry products industry is fairly recession proof.

5. I am now learning my way around Madison, to the point that I can have a reasonable argument with the GPS as to which way is the best way to my destination. And I often win.

6. Peak color season is here. By "color" I do mean the fall colors of the trees. This is my favorite time of year, however I'm having a hard time celebrating the sudden return of cold. We're not even really being offered "crisp" - we've pretty much just been dunked into pre-winter. I am trying to come to terms with this cheerfully.

7. I just added up my vacation days. I am due a long one.

No comments: